Saturday, August 21, 2010

Time

(From time to time I try my hand at songwriting. I came across this today stashed away in a folder. It's something I put together about 3 years ago right after my brother passed away. Not quite satisfied it's complete, but decided to post it.)

Time, it’s just a game we play
You think it’s yours to keep
You think you have your share
You live in the future, you live in the past

All that’s real is now
All you’ve got is now
All that’s real is now
All you’ve got is now

Time it’s just a race we run
You think it’s yours to win
You think you have enough
You live in your worry, you live in your guilt

All that’s real is now
All that’s Him is now
All that’s real is now
All that’s Him is now

Eternity has you in its grasp
The things you see will never last
He is now
Live for Him now
Live for Him now

Love’s the only thing we’ll keep
The only race we’ll win
We live in the moment, He is the moment

All that’s real is now
All we’ve got is now
All that’s real is now
All that’s Him is now

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, add some music and it will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the final stanza..great job! And, yes, music would be neat with the lyrics. Great job again!

    -Zachary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ken. Thanks Zachary. I have chords written down, but never wrote down the melody which seems to be long gone from my brain after 3 years... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very beautiful. Reading that almost brings me to tears. Very well written, I pray you can eventually finish it and make it into a song.
    Yah bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Al'eh, never know...maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for leaving a comment and following me back. I really like this song, most especially the lines, "Love’s the only thing we’ll keep The only race we’ll win." How very, very true. I'm very sorry about your brother.
    Thank for sharing. :)

    May Yahweh bless you,
    The Scribbler

    ReplyDelete