Sunday, April 18, 2010

Twenty Seven Years

First glimpse, a picture in a magazine
Stunning, natural beauty, peaceful
Unattainable, out of reach

Meeting in person, she’s real
More stunning, more beautiful, friendly
Still unattainable, still out of reach

Working together, how did that happen?
Perfection, beautiful heart, mysterious
Need help, need to solve the mystery

Flowers not from me, more flowers
Already given her heart? Already someone else’s?
Anxious, need to know

Surrounded by the impressive, out of my league
Too many vying for her attention
Can’t compete, too young, too poor

Take a chance. See a movie? Roller skating?
Yes? No way. Really?
Help has arrived, mystery being solved

A rain soaked afternoon. Give your heart to me?
No, already somebody else’s. Oh no
Given to the Kingdom, now I understand

Ask for second place. Yes that will work
She’ll give me second, never first
Serving the Heavens together, as each other’s second

Twenty seven years now, flowers, children, life all with me
Stunning beyond measure, beautiful, quiet gentle heart
Just the right amount of mystery, doesn’t need to be solved

First glimpse, so long ago
No more glimpses, only unity in flesh and spirit
No need to attain, no need to reach, we are one

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful poem. I enjoyed reading it. And thanks for stopping by my blog. I am your newest follower...:)
    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete