Sunday, November 14, 2010

Love Is The Only Thing-Revisited

Almost nine months ago I started this blog with this post. I wrote about the thoughtful, sacrificial nature of love.

In those intervening months I have witnessed many occasions of people giving of themselves at their own expense to help others change their lives in inspirational ways. People giving of their time, their last dime, and even putting themselves at risk to reach out and help others make an effort to walk a better path in life.

Regretfully I have also seen the other side of that. People who have removed themselves so far from love that their selfishness eats away and consumes everybody around them. Some are people who should know better, those who have experienced grace and love firsthand, and yet somehow have let their own desires, and their own self preservation become the course they have chosen.

“Me first” never has any place walking beside true love. “Me first”, not only damages “me”, but it also throws out a whole bunch of collateral damage to those whose lives’ paths that person intersects.

More than ever, I believe what I wrote nine months ago, but I also have a better understanding that love is truly a choice we make. Every day we wake up and say, “I have the opportunity to serve, I have the ability to forego my selfish desires, I have the time, the words, and the resources to make somebody else’s life better and more meaningful.”

So this is a call to let love rule our lives. It is a call to remember that love is, “A bending of our will to the only will that matters-Yahweh himself”. And it is ultimately from an eternal point of view, the only thing that defines who we are as we walk this earth.

3 comments:

  1. Very inspirational...wonderful post ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I'm not exactly sure why but that brought tears to my. Thank you.
    Yahweh bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Al'eh, thanks Nava. Blessings to you both. :)

    ReplyDelete