Sunday, September 12, 2010

Life At Four

Look at me Papa I’m gonna jump from here
Look at me Papa I’m gonna climb up the slide
Look at this Papa see I built a lawnmower
Look at this Papa see I fixed it with the hammer

Uncle Jared let’s run round and round
Uncle Jared let’s wrestle on the floor
Uncle Jared I just want to go in your bedroom
Uncle Jared can you tell me a story

Grammy come here I can’t make the game work right
Grammy come here I need more juice and cheese
Grammy come here see I helped put away the clean dishes
Grammy come here see I picked this green tomato

Mommy I need you to put on my socks they won’t go right
Mommy I need you to go to the bathroom with me
Mommy I just need you to come by me on the couch
Mommy I just need to give you hugs and kisses I love you

2 comments:

  1. A very sweet poem... I'm sure the inspiration is even sweeter though. :)

    The Scribbler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scribbler and yes the inspiration is very sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete